Training workshops hosted by industry specialists are open to all delegates, exhibition staff and visitors at no extra cost. Each workshop is held multiple times throughout the event.
1. Welding and fabrication of stainless steels
- Sponsored by Nickel Institute & International Molybdenum Association (IMOA), hosted by Graham Sussex
This workshop explains the differences between welding carbon stainless steels. It looks at the effects of welding on properties and corrosion resistance. Practical measures in design and execution are explained including weld techniques, filler metals, gases, post-weld inspection and clean-up.
2. Common defects when welding stainless steel and how to avoid them
3. Stainless steel for the non-technical newcomer
- Sponsored by the Australian Stainless Steel Development Association & Alleima, hosted by Sudhindra Hathwar
Gain a basic understanding of the development, specification, and use of stainless steel, including grade variations, standards, EN numbers and corrosion resistant pitting resistance equivalent. Also covers surface finishes, electrochemical colouring, maintenance and much more.